All Topics / Help Needed! / Hot Investing Suburbs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of peterpithpeterpith
    @peterpith

Hi Guys,

Im starting out i want to work hard at this I want to have 10 properties in 12 years. Well thats my target. im 1 down 9 to go hahahaha.

Some people may not want to answer this question but is there any Hotspots you would recommend to invest in.

It could be Cf+ or Cap. Growth or Cheap properties.

Can you please help.

I dont want to sound lazy but the only areas Iv researhed and heard about are the following:

Werribee
    Baccash Marsh
    Melton
    Heildibery West
    All the mines in Wa and Qld which I think are risky.
    Geelong
    Ballarat
    Bendigo.

Iv looked at all and apart from the mining properties they are all Neg Geared.

Surely there must be a couple of secret areas that can help my self and maybe other Investing Buddys.

Regards,

Peter Pith.

Profile photo of markh3084markh3084
    Participant
    @markh3084

Hi Peter,

In regards to Heidelberg West, Only about five years ago, quarter acre blocks with old 2 bedroom houses were selling across the suburb for under 200K. It has had good growth due to the renovation of the Austin hospital, the completion of the Mercy hospital, the new TAFE college, etc etc and now the same propertys are early to mid 400K. So possibly it has had itys growth spurt but I think it may continue to grow. The Northland shopping district has been expanded as well so it should continue for a while yet.

Also, close to this area is Watsonia and Bundoora which I think will also have a bit of a knock on affect due to these reasons, and also, the Northern Ring road will be extended to link up to the eastern so I think over the next ten years these suburbs should benefit from this (Watsonia, Greensborough, Viewbank, Plenty etc.  Greensborough is also about to undergo a huge redevelopment of its 'CBD' under the Melbourne 2030 plan.

Just my ideas, but let me know what you think

Mark

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

I was looking at Waragul the other day – properties are very reasonable and still possible to commute to CBD

Profile photo of mahdeen18mahdeen18
    Participant
    @mahdeen18

Hi Peter,

no real secret areas per se. Everyone has different reasons for investing in the areas they do. I suggest you subscribe to some property mags, such as Australian Property Investor. They provide alot of info on where other investors put their money via profile stories, a state by state round up of what’s hot as and also the API databank which provides comprehensive info on the state of the Australian property market.

Good luck!

Profile photo of mahdeen18mahdeen18
    Participant
    @mahdeen18

Hi Peter,

no real secret areas per se. Everyone has different reasons for investing in the areas they do. I suggest you subscribe to some property mags, such as Australian Property Investor. They provide alot of info on where other investors put their money via profile stories, a state by state round up of what’s hot as and also the API databank which provides comprehensive info on the state of the Australian property market.

Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.