All Topics / Value Adding / 10987654321 Garrett Goes off With Axe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Garrett got out his axe and chopped up the roofing insulation rebate! I heard it ended today at 5pm.

Government officialdom over-reacting to their under reaction. Not happy as my initial inspection was this Monday and no-one knows whether applications in process will be honoured. This government are fantastic at starting and ending things but have no idea about implementing their proposals and seeing them through. Ill prepared, ill thought out, ill advised, ill ill ill.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

6000 people reported out of work.

Still, if it makes it safer and less of a rot, it's a good thing.

I had a laugh when I saw a cartoon in the paper with the line "how can we sleep when our batts are burning"

Classic!

– Steve McKnight

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of RHPlanningRHPlanning
    @rhplanning

hahah @ cartoon, but I agree with sapphire101, it appears its just the usual reactive defensive government response, when will we ever see some decent leadership that stands behind what it believes in…

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

I was fortunate enough to get my two IPs insulated before the scheme was dumped, but now I am wondering whether they have been done properly or by one of these cowboys that jumped on the bandwagon with no clue about correct insulation installation. A local family, well known by my dad who passed away late last year, lost their son when he was electrocuted in QLD. He was following procedures, however, he had only recently raised concerns regarding the QLD process of using metal staples to hold the metal insulation in place. This was how he was electrocuted, stapling this material in place.

With regards to the people out of work, wasn't this a limited offer with regards to funding adn time frame? Surely these people did not think that this was a long term job?  Admittedly they may have expected to have work for a longer time frame. Lets see what otehr poor decisions this government makes before the next election

cheers

Sonya

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Usually the good reliable tradespeople are too busy with honest work to get distracted by temporary work with travelling  snake oil shows and would prefer to keep their good name.
    Being in accommodation in a rural area, I've seen the recent rash of ragged assorted insulation carpetbaggers doing the country town rounds of doorknocking and mall haunting. 
    Garotte's creating deja vu here – bad performers, crap gigs and life on the road. Choke….
    Never paid for his poor performances before, shouldn't have to now. Pity we have to employ him. 
    Doubt he'll be a minister too much longer.
    Can't imagine losing a son, my heartfelt sympathy to that family, must be crushing, hope they find what they need to endure the anguish.
    Need to get that fool out of our Parliament asap before he gets another barinwave.  

thecrest 

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

BATT MAN should go back to performing.

Here are some new lyrics to use for the next song "how can we sleep when our batts are burning"

How do we excuse
    when our insulation is a maze.
    How do we breathe
    When the roof is a blaze.

When the job ls appalling
    The roof looks crap
    I'll need to get, the installers back.
    So they can fix the Batts.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

It is alright Garret got axed himself this afternoon.

Relieved of his duties.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @thecrest

The man's having a dyslexic effect on me, I can't even spell brain when I write about him, how ironic.! 

Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of kandyhousekandyhouse
    @kandyhouse

How can we as investors in Queensland do anything with confidence given our projected population?

Now that Queenslands water supply (in the building of dams) has been jepardised with Mr Garretts precedent re:- obscure  lung fish -where is affordable water going to come from?

Maybe now that our fearless leader has made a real decison and "demoted" Garrett -(John Joward would have sacked him) he may be able to reverse Garretts decision and provide Queensland with an ongoing  supply of natural water.

Does a "demotion" come with a pay cut? Or will it just be  a subject for song lyrics when he goes back to where he came from?

Participant
    @thecrest

Still performing like a shot dog ,
    must be embarrassing for our fearless leader to have him on his team  

Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I just thought of this !

If you buy a property you will need to get the insulation job checked out in the roof !

Participant
    @thecrest

Maybe Rudd or his shot dog could create a new bunch of jobs called insulation quality control inspectors to check the batts in your belfry, but start with you know who. 

Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.