All Topics / Help Needed! / Fire regs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools
    I am considering purchasing a parking space near my house to use just for storage. It is in the basement of an apoartment building and would help alleviate the storage problems associated with inner city living. The agent is marketing it as storage or parking. I contacted the owner's corp manager to see if there were any rules stopping me from either renting it to someone who is not a resident of the building, or using it myself for storage. No body corp rules, but they said that fire regs might possibly prevent me from using it for storage. Has anyone been in a similar predicament? Apart frm a building surveyor, I don't know who else to speak with. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Tools

Edit/Delete Message

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If there are no by-laws preventing the subletting or precluding any other use of the garage then there should be no reason why you can't use the space for storage. Of course you should advise your insurer.

It is pretty typical to use a 'garage' for storage, units generally have insufficient storage within the building so they utilise the 'garage'.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.