All Topics / Help Needed! / buying 2nd investment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of lukootlukoot
    Participant
    @lukoot

hi,I am 24 and have an investment property that i have owned for just under two and a half years.  I have roughly $80,000 equity and i am keen to buy another property.  I have been reading mr McKnights new book and have just finishing reading about trusts.  my recent property is in my name and I was wondering if it would be benificial to create a trust or get another investment in my own name? what would the best way of going about my 2nd property investment?
    thanks
    luke

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Luke

It is difficult to comment without all of the information to hand but must admit i am an advocate of using a Discretionary Family Trust where appropriate.

In saying this of course if the property is negatively geared many clients need to rely on the cash flow they receive from lodging a Tax variation form and also the non cash deductions such as Depreciation and Capital Allowances.

Such deductions are not available within a Trust structure.

If the property is neutral or cash flow positive then it may not be so important.

Either way you need to structure the loan correctly to avoid cross collateralising the loans and to maximise your interest savings.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of minichickminichick
    Participant
    @minichick

depnds on your personal circumstamces are you married kids etc reasons to setup a trusts some can be tricky so get some proffesional advice

Profile photo of MPSMPS
    @mps

Hi there, Check out our website – http://www.multiplepropertyservices.com.au.

We don't tell you what we think you should do nor do we try to sell you house and land packages, off the plan apartments, books, CDs etc!

We work with you – and your own circumstances to help you achieve the goals and dreams you have, using property as the vehicle! We provide ONE ON ONE coaching – not sitting in a room with 100s of others and only giving you half of the story/skills etc..  We work out your goals and objectives, the timeframe you want to acheive it in and then start working through structures, finance, different strategies, asset protection etc.

I too have many postively geared properties – some stand alone tenancy, some dual occupancy, some units..  I have and also assisted my clients through property reno's/flips, add value – buy and holds, options, developments (I just helped one of my clients through their first development which is going to provide them a minimum return of over $300,000!) 

We have also done JV's between clients as well.  We also have experience in buying property through their self managed super funds.. 

There is no wrong strategy or venture you just need to ensure that you are fully informed and aware of the pros and cons of each – continually referring back to your goals to ensure that each step or decision you make gets  you closer to achieving your goals!  Its also beneficial to have someone there to call upon to help, support and motivate you to make your dreams a reality! :)

Would be happy to catch up if you would like to discuss further, you can email me at [email protected]

Take care and best wishes on your property journey!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Lukoot

Drop me a line and i can rework the numbers for you.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of SashSash
    @sash

Hi

Could anybody please explain the benefits of setting up a trust for PI?

I have 2 IP's and plan to purchase many more (hopefully). I know Steve says it in his book but I never understood how the value of such a strategy.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.