All Topics / Heads Up! / Good, Better, Best

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of DWGDWG
    @dwg

Hi All,
    Would be interested in peoples opinion on which choice of suburb
    for investing in.
    Taralgon, Moe, Morwell, Sale.
    Cheers.
    DWG.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

HI,

Purely personal opinion only based on previous research & gut……
    Sale, Traralgon (which has had a lot of its 'quick growth') Moe, (north of the highway)  Morwell (a definate last.)
    If looking purely for cashflow, lower purchase price, neutral or slightly pos CF it would be Moe (sth of the highway) or Morwell.
    Cheers.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Moe, (north of the highway)  Morwell (a definate last.) haved low employment Traralgon , Sale and Morwell

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

I was watching Sale for about a year there, up until bout 6mths ago. I think it has done its dash it so I stopped watching. I still like it but I think find something that hasn't gone up so dramatically. You could buy some of the houses in sale for around the $200k mark now $270kish. Moe anywhere from 130-180k I'll be shopping there next (probably miss the boat by then) I haven't checked the others.

Good luck

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of tonywwptonywwp
    @tonywwp

There are some great reports available on where to buy property i.e. Terry Ryder etc, and if you can find any investor clubs in your local area they are a good source of information.. and I mean real investor clubs where like minded people get together not spruikers selling their stock and calling themselves an investors club.

Im my opinion you cant go wrong with SEQld and Sydney right now beginning 2010 because as far as I can make out these locations are both at the bottom of the next property cycle with low rates and a recovering economy. Right now I wouldn’t buy in Perth for example. This is not advise by the way only my opinion and other people may have different opinions, you need to do your own research of course.

One way I get a feel for any market is to have a look at the auction clearance rates in a given area.

Regards
    Tony Born
    Senior Mortgage Consultant
    Member: FBAA, PIPA
    Mb: 0407 617 141
    Email: [email protected]
    Ask me about a free Property Investor Toolbox

Profile photo of shivaskoshivasko
    @shivasko

Hi All,

I was thinking or purchasing in morwell near midvalley. This area is close enough to Traralgon, Latrobe hospital, Churchill ,so it acts as a hub between those locations. Just wondering why Morwell would be your last choice? Rental seems to be fairly good and positive cashflow isn't too hard to find in Morwell when compared with Traralgon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.