All Topics / General Property / pressure from agents to sell at auction….working class suburbia ….any thoughts

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of suavemechanicsuavemechanic
    Participant
    @suavemechanic

hi ,
    we need to sell a property so i have been agent shopping
    so far they are amazingly disinterested in the actual property , our plans to remove the tennants and their dogs and abandoned cars etc
    and refuse to be drawn into even the subject of price

however on the subject of auctions they really get warmed up !
    yesterdays agent ( 45 mins late ,no call ) did make a point that due to the global financial thingo
     a lot of finance applications are falling over .tying up the property at our expense for weeks

my feeling is if i get the price right it will sell in the first weekend , and as its just an ordinary ,livable house in a working class area
    finding some first home buyers shouldnt be too difficult,getting them into a bidding war with unlimited funds seems a bit too hollywood

any thoughts ?

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

An Auction works against the seller. If you set a reserve price make sure the agent doesn't talk you into lowering it during an auction.
    In the heat of the moment it is real easy to get sucked in to lowering you reserve price. You can always negoitiate with the highest bidder later if the house is passed in at auction. You can also get stung with $10,000 worth of advertising by the agents which you do not really need.
    If the market is slow you suffer
    If the market is hot the buyers can end up paying more .
    I have not sold by auction myself but in some suburbs they sell only by auction especially during a hot market.

The sale can fall through with an auction .
    If the bank lowers the valuation for the buyers loan then they may not be able to buy it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.