All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding a ‘QUALITY’ Builder (SEQ)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of dnh83dnh83
    @dnh83

Hi All,

I continually hear about the horror stories some people go through employing a builder to complete their home.  I know these aren't always the case but I'm just wondering what mitigation you can put in place to reduce the risk of contracting a dud builder…any advise would be appreciated, I'm looking to engage a new builder within the next couple of months.

Alternatively, I'm building in Ipswich (SEQ) and if anyone has some solid recommendations i'd love to hear about them.

I have plans developed and the final site prep will be completed shortly.  Project is a 3 Bed, 2 Bath, 2 Story House (small footprint) with a 2 car garage…total build area is 174.5sqm including carport, porch and verandah.

Cheers,

Darren

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

I have been told GJ Gardner in Ipswich are quite good.  I have used them in Toowoomba.  I think from a quality point of view its best to stay away from Dixon and Co.  The alternative is to go through the phone book or using forums such as this.  Give a builder a call and ask if you could have a look at some of his recent work.

Profile photo of Jeff SallyJeff Sally
    @jeff-sally

Just wondering – your comment re Dixon Homes? We are purchasing a block of land in Stanthorpe & intended on using Dixon Homes… any recommendations for builders in that area?

Profile photo of St ClareSt Clare
    @st-clare

Agree with Fredo, we have used G.J twice ( both around the $1000 a square metre) and they are pretty good, very helpful and because they are doing so many are very competitive – price wise. There subies were pretty good, and we didn't have to wait both times they met the time frame agreed on which is very important. Im pretty sure they would go to Stanthorpe, I know martin fallon Caviliar homes do and pretty sure Hotondo do now as well, have heard good reports from  them to. I honestly haven't herard anything about dixon homes.

Profile photo of dnh83dnh83
    @dnh83

Thanks for the info all…

I'll certainly hit up GJ Gardner…I automatically assumed they'd only build their own designs…upon reflection that's probably a pretty naive assumption…

Cheers,

Darren

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.