All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding a free 3d CAD software

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I have spent alot of time lately trying to find a fully functional 3d CAD software. I keep finding free limited trials with limited functionality of expensive programmes.

Can anyone direct me to a good fully functional 3D CAD programme (i.e. includes landscaping, allows a mezzanine floor and a balcony)

Thanks,
    Matt

Profile photo of decaldecal
    @decal

Have you looked a google sketch up? I have used it a couple of time but my industry uses VectorWorks so end up paying the money to purchase it.

Brett C

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I did see it, but got the impression it was designed to model existing buildings from google maps. Does it have greater functionality to build from scratch?

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I have just been trying it but it seems like a kiddies drawing programme, not like a professional CAD design software.

Profile photo of decaldecal
    @decal

Hi Mattnz,

I think you answered your question in your last post.

If you want a professional CAD program you are going to have to pay for it.

Google Sketch up is as good as they get with the free stuff.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I am always amazed at the standard of freeware and shareware in anything that I am looking for, there is always a good free or cheap alternative. Its just a matter of finding it through all the other stuff that comes up in search engines.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.