All Topics / Help Needed! / Sub-division costs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of St ClareSt Clare
    @st-clare

Hi all, First time user.
    My question is how do you get an approx estimate on how much it costs per block to develop in south east qld, saying the average size block was 1000m2? I do not wish to develop but I need to get a rough idea what the property is worth, so I need to work out how much it's going to cost the developer. The property is 5 acres with a 4 bedrm house on one end. The house block could prob be cut off into an acre or half acre with the rest to be split up. I guess what Im asking is  – Is there a general rule for developers that a 1000m2 block costs say 80k to do or 50 or 500m2 block in south east qld costs 45k etc? Hope this makes sense? Any rough calculations would be appreciated. Cheers.

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Find a good town planner, find out the RP details of your property if you can, and ask them to give you a quote. There is no real cookie cutter solution as it will depend on council zoning, requirements, infrastructure contributions, consultants fees, time taken etc etc.. WAY too many variables to be able to give any certainty. Locate a good town planner, tell them what you want and get some quotes.

Profile photo of St ClareSt Clare
    @st-clare

Thanks for your help Matt, your right there is so many variables so will just have to do some research into it. Cheeers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.