All Topics / Help Needed! / vendor’s accountant wants more moeny for sale of property after contracts exchanged

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

HI

my friend has bought a property and exchanged contracts. The house was listed for sale by auction, however , the vendors accepted their offer prior to the auction date. The vendor wanted an early settlement which they agreed to. Now the vendor's accountant is saying that the real estate agent sold the house for less than it was worth and has stopped my friend from making any changes/renovations to what they thought was 'their' house, they have moved in. I am not sure whether the vendor can challenge the sale, my friend has done nothing wrong, they offered a price that was accepted, they were willing to go to auction. She thinks the accountant has complained because of 'tax'. She said that the vendors lived in the house, not sure if it was an IP before or not.

Any advice would be appreciated

thanks
    Sonya

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

If the property has settled and the contracts are unconditional etc, then the accountant can sook all he likes but to my knowledge ( of course confirm with a competent property solicitor ) he has no legs to stand on. It sounds like he's grousing about a missed opportunity. He cannot (again confirm with your solicitor) simply prevent your friend from doing anything to their house if money is exchanged, contracts offered and accepted and property settled. How has he 'stopped' them from doing anything? Phone call? Legal document? If he's just jumping up and down tell him to hang on to his pocket protector and go away :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.