Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of fossyfossy
    @fossy

Hey guys,
    anyone out there from Mackay want to meet up, have a coffee and talk property?

Drop me a line

-Sa

Profile photo of karen.karen.
    @karen.

Hi

I live in Moranbah but invest in Mackay.  I come into Mackay once or twice a month but I always have both my young kids and never a babysitter.  So its impossible to catch up. 

But there is another guy on here from Mackay and I think his username is Ash.  So if he doesnt reply to this thread maybe look him up on here and send him a message? 

Otherwise I would have liked to chat.  Sorry about that!  Oh the joys of being a mother to lil kiddies :)

Good luck!

K

Profile photo of fossyfossy
    @fossy

Hi Karen, I actually work in Moranbah so I spend most of my time out there. I do spend some of my days off out there as my partner lives out there so if your free sometime let me know.

-Sa

Profile photo of P MacP Mac
    @p-mac

HI,
    I live in Dysart would love to come and chat, am prepared to meet in Moranbah.

P

Profile photo of SHalesSHales
    @shales

Hello Mackay people.

We are considering moving to Mackay in about 3 years.  We are looking at purchasing an investment property there in the meantime, so that we have a PPOR ready for when we move, and so that we get a foot hold in that particular market.  I could really use a contact who can advise me on what are the better areas to live in and the worse areas to live in, schools, employment etc.  We have our own business at the moment and want to stay with it for a few more years because it is good $, but we want to go to a bigger town for the kids education (we live in a very small outback town at the moment).  When we move, we are not sure yet what we are going to do for a living.  One idea is for me to work in Real Estate, as I really like real estate and have had success in sales in the past.  Another idea is for hubby to go into the mines, but with no mining experience, we are not sure what opportunities there will be for him.  A friend says that in the next few years there will be opportunities for inexperienced people to get into the mines as there are quite a few new projects planned.

Anyone with any useful local knowledge, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Particularly, a local RE agent told me (yeah I know, never listen to what an agent says and hence me trying to get more info) that while during the economic downturn Mackay values took a bit of a hit, the RE market is well on the road to recovery with very high buyer interest and next to zero bargains available.  Any comments?

TIA
    S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.