All Topics / Overseas Deals / Is the USA a good investment

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Below is one of the articles I get from my friends OS … AUS has 20 million people and USA has over 300 million that is 15 times bigger than here …

Have a read if you are interested … good luck to all the over seas buyers

Eric Fry, reporting from Laguna Beach, California…

US stocks bounced a little yesterday, despite the news that home sales tumbled a lot. Sales of existing US homes plunged 17% in December, the biggest decline since record-keeping began in 1968. This disheartening news item shocked economic forecasters, but hardly anyone else.

Most of us non-experts understand that folks without incomes or credit buy very few houses. But for some reason, the experts shun this intuitive logic. Instead, they study their econometric models, tweak their spreadsheets and go public with forecasts that would embarrass a tealeaf.

These seers might not be so blind if they bothered to observe the world around them, rather than their computer monitors. Then again, the "world" that surrounds most Wall Street economists is a place that still practices (slightly less) conspicuous consumption…and therein lies the root of their woefully misguided forecasts.

Out on Main Street, conspicuous consumption has become so inconspicuous that it's invisible. Out on Main Street, incomes are still dropping and credit is still contracting. This combination never produces an enduring economic recovery. But don't try telling that to a Wall Street economist. They have their models and their compromised opinions. We non-economists have only our common sense.

But lest your editors be accused of undue cynicism, let us give credit where credit is due.

Adam York, an economist at Wells Fargo Securities LLC in Charlotte who correctly guessed December's steep drop in home sales, expects "a pickup in existing home sales in the next couple of months. We're past the bottom," he predicts, "[But] I don't think there's going to be a lot of buyers out there looking for a home outside of the tax-induced effects until they feel more comfortable with the labor market."

"Past the bottom," but going nowhere, is a forecast we can live with.

For perspective, the "recovering" housing market has not really recovered at all. For all of 2009, existing home sales rose 4.9% to 5.16 million, the first gain in four years. This is the "past the bottom" part of the story. The "going nowhere" part is that the median sales price dropped 12% from 2008, the biggest annual drop on record.

Home Numbers vs. Home Values

In other words, the NUMBER of existing homes sold increased slightly in 2009, but the VALUE of all existing homes sold actually DROPPED. This unusual divergence suggests that most sales are occurring at the low end of the housing market, where the government's $8,000 tax credit provides the greatest relative benefit. Meanwhile, at the mid- and high-end of the market, where $8,000 would represent the cost of renovating a half-bath, sales are still dead in the water.

Net-net, the recovering housing market is not recovering.

You heard it here first.

Bulletin Board Elite – Half Off Offer Ends Friday —

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

All of what you write is true however if you are looking to build a long term portfolio then thias is by far the best time to buy. You should always be buying when others are selling.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hello Nigel,

Yes the oldest answer in the book Nigel … over the last 2 years I have been reading "now is the time to buy" we are on the bottom and in many cases now is always the time to buy if you are paying true value.

As a licensed financial adviser my only problem with what you guys do is that it appears that the majority of your presenters are not fully licensed to give financial advise.

I am not saying this as an attack however after reading your sites I would not advise investors to use your services … to me (IMHO) you are giving advise to people to invest money without proper authority to do so.

Our responsibility to the public is set out clear with the department of fair trading … we are all trying to convert sales to cash and make a living Nigel I am just over the pushy salsmem thing … good luck to you.

Profile photo of rlillycroprlillycrop
    @rlillycrop

When you buy investment property, whether in the USA or in your home market, it has to make sense the day you buy it. The only time value is important is when you buy it. What you are really buying is an income stream. My portfolio of USA properties had really good net returns when I bought them and still provide an excellent cash flow each month. I don't really care what my properties are worth as it is the rental income that counts. Any growth in value is just the icing on the cake.

I agree with Nigel that this is a great time to buy and the worst time to buy is when property investment in 'fashionable' and the bubble is about to burst.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.