All Topics / Forum Frolic / Hi All – Another Newbie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of WyethWyeth
    @wyeth

I thought that since I’ve been lurking on here for a while I should join up and say hello. I am totally new to property investment but am real keen to have a go. I’ve been reading the invaluable information on here and have a much broader understanding of the basics as a result.

I have bought Steve McKnights book and look forward to receiving my copy to read. It looks like I will need to buy his new one as well though.

I presently don’t own any property (and never have) even though I’m 30 years old, now I think about it I’m actually closer to 31. Damn! I am really keen to get some savings sorted and get out there so I’m doing all the reading and research I can.

I am yet to see a financial planner but would like to have some form of plan for them to review first just so I don’t feel like a total idiot! Within a year I should have $50K to start me off with but am already investigating my options for using around $25K in 6 months time.

My interest so far is trying to accumulate a positive and negatively geared property and then a 3rd property after that for me to live in with my partner and renovate. As soon as I can free up additional equity, the plan is to expand with more IP in a diverse range of areas to spread risk.

I’ll try and not ask any really dumb questions and do some research first.

Thanks.

Steve.

Profile photo of WyethWyeth
    @wyeth

Can anyone recommend a good accountant in the Newcastle or Port Stephens area? I need to have a chat about my plans and get some advice additional assistance with structuring of loans.

Profile photo of steve-investsteve-invest
    @steve-invest

I believe e you need a property investor advisor not a financial planner, watch this guys video presentation http://www.wealthwithproperty.net Cheers Steve.

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

Drop me a line or text at http://www.birchcorp.com.au You are after a Mortgage broker when it comes to loans, and a financial adviser when it comes to (as the title says). An accountant is not licensed for the required information you are after. we could starighten you out with a chat on the phone……. Regards

Profile photo of WyethWyeth
    @wyeth

Thanks Number 8, I’ll get some info together and give you guys a call.

Having re-read my last post it’s pretty unclear, I was after the accountant for tax purposes really and then to chat to a FA with regards to the other issues.

I see from your site that seem to cover these aspects. Where abouts are you based?

Profile photo of Benjamin CsikosBenjamin Csikos
    Participant
    @benjamin-csikos

Hey Wyeth,

Sounds like you're off to a good start with your deposit.  You might also be interested to know that if you have any super sitting there, you can use it as a deposit to invest in property, and avoid paying capital gains tax.

Also, if you're looking for a cashflow positive house,  I have contacts that can get you one through creating dual occupancy house and land packages in brisbane. 

Drop me a line if you want to know more.

[email protected]

Ben.

Profile photo of ondeck240ondeck240
    @ondeck240

Hi…Friends

I am Davis Peter from CA……
    Here we want to meet new member and learn from themselves….

Profile photo of clkhooclkhoo
    Participant
    @clkhoo

I've also jumped into this bandwagon for the same reason and appreciate some sound advice. Currently I'm renting a place in Sutherland, NSW and looking at the market around here, I noticed most of the properties on sale here will give a negative yield.

I've to therefore look beyond Sydney…any ideas or thoughts on new upcoming areas in NSW? As this will be my first, lets start small say $200-250K with a yield of say 8%…any views appreciated. Thanks

Profile photo of ChizChiz
    Participant
    @chiz
    Wyeth wrote:
    …and then a 3rd property after that for me to live in with my partner and renovate..

AROOOGA AROOOGA.Red flashing rotating lights :D

Live in and renovate!

Yes a good way to save and increase capital – just as long as you’re a handyman AND both of you are prepared for the stress of living in a dusty mess for a year (?)

Not trying to be negative – just be careful to talk it through and know what you’re getting into.

Profile photo of billy10388billy10388
    Participant
    @billy10388
    Wyeth wrote:
    I thought that since I've been lurking on here for a while I should join up and say hello. I am totally new to property investment but am real keen to have a go. I've been reading the invaluable information on here and have a much broader understanding of the basics as a result. I have bought Steve McKnights book and look forward to receiving my copy to read. It looks like I will need to buy his new one as well though. I presently don't own any property (and never have) even though I'm 30 years old, now I think about it I'm actually closer to 31. Damn! I am really keen to get some savings sorted and get out there so I'm doing all the reading and research I can. I am yet to see a financial planner but would like to have some form of plan for them to review first just so I don't feel like a total idiot! Within a year I should have $50K to start me off with but am already investigating my options for using around $25K in 6 months time. My interest so far is trying to accumulate a positive and negatively geared property and then a 3rd property after that for me to live in with my partner and renovate. As soon as I can free up additional equity, the plan is to expand with more IP in a diverse range of areas to spread risk. I'll try and not ask any really dumb questions and do some research first. Thanks. Steve.

I also think so.

Profile photo of IntrigueIntrigue
    @intrigue
    Benjamin Csikos wrote:
    Hey Wyeth,

Sounds like you're off to a good start with your deposit.  You might also be interested to know that if you have any super sitting there, you can use it as a deposit to invest in property, and avoid paying capital gains tax.

Also, if you're looking for a cashflow positive house,  I have contacts that can get you one through creating dual occupancy house and land packages in brisbane. 

Drop me a line if you want to know more.

WHAT THE

You sound like a real estate worker or connected service, then I look at your utube link and your.. um arrr… hmm?

[email protected]

Ben.

Profile photo of billy10388billy10388
    Participant
    @billy10388
    Wyeth wrote:
    I thought that since I've been lurking on here for a while I should join up and say hello. I am totally new to property investment but am real keen to have a go. I've been reading the invaluable information on here and have a much broader understanding of the basics as a result. I have bought Steve McKnights book and look forward to receiving my copy to read. It looks like I will need to buy his new one as well though. I presently don't own any property (and never have) even though I'm 30 years old, now I think about it I'm actually closer to 31. Damn! I am really keen to get some savings sorted and get out there so I'm doing all the reading and research I can. I am yet to see a financial planner but would like to have some form of plan for them to review first just so I don't feel like a total idiot! Within a year I should have $50K to start me off with but am already investigating my options for using around $25K in 6 months time. My interest so far is trying to accumulate a positive and negatively geared property and then a 3rd property after that for me to live in with my partner and renovate. As soon as I can free up additional equity, the plan is to expand with more IP in a diverse range of areas to spread risk. I'll try and not ask any really dumb questions and do some research first. Thanks. Steve.

Thanks you for the post.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.