All Topics / Help Needed! / Storm water easement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of montiecristomontiecristo
    @montiecristo

Hi
    I have bought a property a few years ago and was aware of the storm water easement and the main sewer that ran through my property. As the sewer diagram stated they ran towards one side of the property which would allow me to renovate my house. The issue now I have is that the council wanted me to find out how deep and where the pipe is actually located even though it is on the sewer diagram. The funny thing is the council own the storm water pipe and have no records for it. I had a company come out to site with a remote control car with a camera attach and have now found out that the pipe run directly under my house and has not even been concrete incased. The sewer diagram states that its not under my house. 

How can I found out who was at fault here please???? as I can't renovate and don't want to bring it to anyones attention as it will lower the cost of my house by at least $100000.
    Thanks

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

I don't think finding out who is at fault will get you anywhere.The utilitiy companies argue that if you maintain the status quo then there is no issue. In the past we have had to pay to relocate HV power lines that cut across the corner of a block we were building units on. At the moment we are diverting a sewer that is under a new building we have started,but are not allowed to build over. This sewer is not shown as an easement on the title. You don't want to know what it is costing to make **it flow down hill !

Tools

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

By the way, this is in Melbourne and things may be different where you are.

Tools

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.