All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdivision R-code optimisation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ottgottg
    @ottg

This has been answered elsewhere but I need more detail on this.

Surely to do the subdivision calculation of 10,000 (1acre) divide by the R-code to get the minimum dwelling size is only a ball pack figure.

If you need to take into account the specifications for min % open space, parking lots, min outdoor living area, minimum setback for primary & secondary streets and other, minmum frontage and minimum lot area (including if battleaxe) then surely the calculation needs to be more involved.

Without to go to an architect everytime is there a subdivison R-code optimisation calculator available that allows you to enter these parameters and the lot title information that can spit out the answers.

Regards

Profile photo of LockymacLockymac
    @lockymac

They use the R code as a minimum, you still have to get it approved by council. If you go with a strong enough case it is not unheard of to get it changed. However use the R code yourself and then talk to town planners to see if they can fit anymore on, talk to a few until you get the answer you want you never know you may be able to squeeze a few more on.

Profile photo of ladybirdladybird
    Participant
    @ladybird

I am not aware of a calculator to do all this, but if you are in WA then you can find the info online.

If you download and go to the end of this document, you will see various tables that set building parameters based on the R-Codes

http://www.planning.wa.gov.au/Publications/1585.aspx

Profile photo of ottgottg
    @ottg

Thank you for all your feedback! I will check it out!
    Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.