All Topics / Help Needed! / What can I claim when i’m doing my end of year Tax for PPOR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of sundipbsundipb
    Participant
    @sundipb

Tax Claims.

I have lived in my PPOR nearly 12 months now and have paid the rates, body-corp fees etc etc gerneal expenses on my PPOR.

I wanted to know when i do my tax this year that is end of June 2010, what can i claim back from my taxes for the year july 2009-june2010

Can i put in my bodt corp fees, council rates, water, electricity for my own place?

Need some information regarding this oh if someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

There is nothing you can claim if the property is your PPOR (the odd exception being if you work from home and claim a poprtion of the overall living area for business).

If the PPOR became an IP during the year then the claim is proportional from the day the property was available for rent until the end of the financial year.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

The trade off is later on when you sell it and get a capital gains tax exemption on your main dwelling / PPOR

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

BIG ZERO, NIL, Zilch, Nehi, 0,

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Assuming you are in Australia then generally nothing unless your home has been used to produce income – eg renting out a room, farming, or use of an office for a work related activities.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.