All Topics / Creative Investing / Feedback on Maurice Finanical Service

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Profile photo of insureyouinsureyou
    @insureyou

Hello
    I was looking for vender finance and came across Maurice Davis on this website forum. I have since emailed him, completed an application form and received a Contract Agreement to borrow $300,000 at 6% fixed. The contract is with Maurice Financial Service who are based in London, but it seems a little unusal. There does not seem to be any security on the property that I will purchase, I have to pay a security deposit of $6,000 and they will then transfer the fudns within 3 – 5 business days. 

Has anyone had any dealings with this firm or with him?
    Thanks
    Darren Joseph  

Profile photo of SingerSinger
    @singer
    Profile photo of TCLinvestmentsTCLinvestments
    Participant
    @tclinvestments

Ohh Wow.

So they dont ask you for any papers, or application forms or security?? Just send them $6000 and in 3-5 days time, they send you $300k??? Wow, it seems…. well  too good to be true :P

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

6% on 300k???
    with freebies 6000…. :)
    Too good to be truee

Run miless!!!

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I have a couple of Nigerian friends who will forward you $12billion too, they just need a few thousand for a few days for the bribe of bank officials in transfering the money.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of QGMQGM
    @qgm

How about you just ask them to deduct the $6,000 and send you $294,000. 

Profile photo of TCLinvestmentsTCLinvestments
    Participant
    @tclinvestments
    Profile photo of insureyouinsureyou
    @insureyou

Yes after a few discussions with others, I actually got to speak to 'Maurice' in London. In his broken english he said he can understand why I may be nervous about the transfer of the security deposit ($6,000). So he has agreed that if I want to just commit to $1,500 with a note on the contract that the balance of $4,500 will be paid after the transfer of the $300,000, he is happy with that. The funds are from a silent investor and he is the man in the middle……
    I can live with a loss of $1,500 ($750 each between my investment partner and I), then it may be worth the risk. I will let you know how I go. I am expecting this to fall on its face…..

Participant
    @terryw

You are not seriously considering sending $1500 to a stranger overseas are you?

Why not just donate the money to charity so you can at least claim a deduction.

Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Hey,

I would happily take your $1500 if you want to give it away. Surely if you have the borrowing capacity that is required to service an IP then you could find a reputable lender from the myriad of lenders on offer here in Australia?

cheers

Sonya

Participant
    @terryw

Have you done a check to see if the company is actually registered in Britain?

What about some google searches?

And have you considered what sort of checks have they done on you? You will supposedly have $300,000 of their money with no security. Did they do ID checks or other assessment checks such as your ability to pay or did you provide proof of employment.

Now consider they have all these documents if you did provide them. What do you think they are going to do with them now?

Have you heard of identity theft? Be prepared to find out that you have had a few credit cards in your name and other loans too maybe. They will probably put down a different address so you may not find out for a few years when a debt collector tracks you down.

I would order a credit report asap and to sign up for the SMS alerts so that you will be contacted whenever someone does a credit check on you. You will then know which lender it is and can immediately contact them to advise that you didn't apply for that loan.

Hopefully this won't happen. They may just be after the initial fees, but you never know.

Email Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I never get amazed by what i read but this surely has to be close to the last straw.

If we dont hear from you insure we wont hold our breath. Seriously man have you never thought this could be a scam !!!!

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@insureyou

Thanks Terry and Sonya for your comments and advcie. I have my own insurance broker business which produces an okay income but do not have a deposit as yet (i.e. $40K ++) and pay myself low wages. This is why I started looking at vendor finance options, otherwise I would look at other options.
    They requested basic info such as Driver Licence number and address. And I told them approx on my income levels. No employers name, bank account or any otehr infor has been given. If it proceeds I will need to provde then a bank account for them to deposit the funds and they in turn will provide and account for me to depoist funds into. I will obviously be giving them an account from a different bank and account that I do not use anymore to deposit the funds into.
    As Terry mentioned,  I have now requested a Credit Check and asked for updates via email. 
    Thanks

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

Someone quite close to me got ripped off by a scam like this… Despite how amusing these scams are, I can't even bare to laugh at the guy considering making the payment.

On the offchance that this comment actually makes a difference… PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

@insureyou

Richard
    Gee thanks for your unbias opinion. Of course I have thought it might be a scam, why do you think I am doing so much research and asking for feedback on this forum.
    I promise to keep this forum posted if I fall on my face, because it will assist others in the future as well.

Darren Joseph
    Director – Insureyou

Participant
    @qlds007

Darren

Did they give you a website address or location in London.

I used to work in the City and whilst i wouldnt confess to know ever crook and cranny be happy to look at their wesbite for you and make a call or two to some old friends.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Please let us the outcome… interesting to know whether it is bad or WORSE

@insureyou

Hi Richard
    I have spoken to the equivilant of ASIC in London – there is no good or bad info on him or the business name. I have done Google searches and Google Map searches. His business name (not company) is Maurice Financial Services. Address is 28 Morris Court Denmark Hill Estate, London SE5 8HS. Phone (44) 703 593 2282. His name is Maurice Davis.
    Let me know if you have any luck.
    Regards
    Darren

Participant
    @terryw

looks like he has a different address here http://activerain.com/blogs/mauricefinance

Maurice Financial Service

Address: 28 Morris Court, Hollywood, CA, 90029

Office Phone: (447) 035-9322 x 82

Email Me

Email Me

Participant
    @qlds007

Darren

What is his FSA License Number.

Let me have this and I will call this evening.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.