All Topics / Value Adding / DA in Armidale

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Marty_boyoMarty_boyo
    Participant
    @marty_boyo

I am submitting a DA to Armidale Council NSW. The only sticking point is a roadside tree ( about 3 M high). This tree will have to be removed in order for DA to proceed. Council want $3000 compensation. I have offered to move tree or plant replacement tree or trees but they are not interested. Is there anything I can do ?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If it is that big an issue, once you have achieved a da take the condition to the land and environment court (it can't be that big an issue, for you to design around or for council to move to some lesser requirement eg S94 contribution).

Profile photo of kaleidoscopesskaleidoscopess
    @kaleidoscopess

Hi Marty_boyo

What advise has your design consultant/town planner given you? I'd be interested to see the letter etc to know on what basis/legislation Council is seeking compensation?

I'm sure there is something you can do – it just depends upon what Council is relying for the compensation

I am a qualified and experienced town planner and regularly help sort out issues with various Councils in NSW.

Feel free to Private message me and we can discuss further

Cheers

Profile photo of kaleidoscopesskaleidoscopess
    @kaleidoscopess

i just realised there doesnt seem to be a private message function

if you like, email me on [email protected]

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.