All Topics / Help Needed! / To buy cheap or spend more in NW Brisbane?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of summerredsummerred
    @summerred

Hi,  live in the North West of Bne & have my 1st & only IP bought about 10 years ago in this area too.  In hindsight I think I paid too much for the IP, bought in an area oversupplied with rentals & have been getting lackluster returns ever since.  Thankfully I have done quite well out of the share market over the last 10 years so have the means to buy another property. 

For about the last 12 months I have been researching & looking but didnt find that the NW of Bne suffered any particular downturn in prices during that time.  As I'm a bit burnt from my first experience I didnt buy anything.  Now it seems the market has gone crazy again & I wonder if you wouldnt mind taking a look at an eg for me please.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=106231162&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=507988&s=qld&tm=1263100358

This property looked interesting, would be negatively geared even with a cosmetic reno but is in a nice spot.  The agent told me there were over 50 inspections on the first open & there was interest from over 10 people & it went to contract over list price.  So my question is:  should I consider something more expensive & hope that the level of competition is not so great or try & compete with the eg market?  I'd ideally like to accumulate a few properties to help with school fees but understand I will be restricted by the number I can buy if I have to buy more expensive property.  I'd also like to keep looking in this general area as it'll be a buy & hold as I'm too committed to small children, a job & study to do developments or complicated renos.

Any advice please?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.