All Topics / Help Needed! / Investors in Melbourne wanting to join a monthly discussion group?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Hi everyone,

I’m keen to meet some more like-minded investors, and discuss how we approach our investment decisions.

I’m not sure if there are any investor groups currently out there, but all the ones I have previously attended end up having someone trying to sell me something… I’m keen to have some open discussions about investing (property and shares) in a non-formal environment.

If anyone in Melbourne would be keen for a monthly catch up (probably somewhere in the city at this stage) please let me know. Or if someone knows of group already doing this, please pass me their details.

My email address is *removed*. Please email me or reply your interest to this thread if you’re keen.

Cheers,

Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

aaabbbccc,

Would be keen to do this in the city, or even over the net (ie: msn or skype or whatever).

I am about 25 mins south east of Melbourne

Let me know if it goes any further.

Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

No worries YI,

I’m about 30 mins east of the city myself (forest hill). If it turns out to be just you and me we can meet up out here in the east.

If it’s more than the two of us, then we’ll find a central location that suits everyone… maybe even rotate locations each month to keep everyone interested.

If it’s two or three of us, skype might work OK, any more than that and it becomes a hassle. Personally I enjoy face to face catch ups a lot more.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you! I’ll post more details here when I know how many people are interested. In the mean time if you can shoot me an email from an email address you check regularly, I’ll make sure to add you as a contact so that I can email details too.

Cheers,

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

I'll try and come along for a yarn . Let me know if you get something going.

CMON Melbourne theres stacks more of you out there, come along for a chat about your money.

No selling or I am out!

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Participant
    @younginvestor

DWolfe,

Where abouts in Vic are you?

Participant
    @dwolfe

I can get to Forest Hill with ease.

D

Email Me

Participant
    @younginvestor

Ooooh… cryptic… afraid of stalkers?

Participant
    @dwolfe

"I am about 25 mins south east of Melbourne"

Ohh….Cryptic….Afraid of Stalkers?

You would be an idiot to give anything out to people you know only by initials on a forum.

D

Email Me

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I'm keen.  I'm in the West of Melbourne.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of ChrisfromhastingsChrisfromhastings
    Participant
    @chrisfromhastings

i'm also keen. 1hour Sth East of Melb in Hastings.  Eastern burbs is kool by me.

Participant
    @aaabbbccc

JacM, do you work in the city or out in the West also?

Is there any chance you could make it over to the East once a month, or would you prefer the CBD? If you could make it out to the East, then it sounds like we already have 5 people ready for a catch-up out here.

DWolfe, there will be NO selling (if it sounds like anyone is trying to pitch something, I’m sure the rest of the group will quickly let them know that they are out of line)

In order to get the ball rolling a little further, can everybody email me (or post on here) evenings of the week, and days of the weekend that they know they will definitely NOT BE AVAILABLE. This will help me work out some potential evenings/weekends where most of us are free.

Cheers,

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I currently work in Sydney, due to relocate to Melbourne in a month or so.  Weeknights are probably best for such catchups, and in that regard, city is easier for me (I'm likely to be working in the city).  It's all about me hehehe.  If push came to shove I'd come over to the East, but it's a mission.  I suppose it depends where everyone works and what is feasible for the majority.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of danielleedaniellee
    @daniellee

Hi,

Happy to participate in a informal discussion with no selling please. There are also other groups in Melbourne, which you can find out in other property forums.

I have a young family though, so my commitment will be limited, but interested none the less.

Live in Oakleigh.

Regards

Daniel Lee

Profile photo of VellelaVellela
    @vellela

I am very new at this, so new in fact that I am only just starting to research PI let alone actually purchase one. Is there room for a very 'PI Virgin' ?  Feel free to let me know if you would rather a more experienced group. I would unashamedly soak up every bit of info I could get my hands on!

BTW – saturday is no good for me. East of city would be great.

Ta

Participant
    @dwolfe

Maybe we can find somewhere east-ish and closer in to the city. I also have small kids so week nites after 7pm are going to be better. Maybe if someone knows a good pub or rsl that has seats and good sound levels for chatting? I think weekends are going to be out for most people.

D

Email Me

Participant
    @younginvestor

was only kidding about the stalkers comment dwolfe… all good :)

Participant
    @dwolfe

Miaow LOL!

Email Me

Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22
    I'm new to investing too and have only just bought my first IP. 
    Would love to join the group if you all dont mind having newbie  
    I'm also in the East.  Any weekday nights after 7pm is fine with me.

Cheers,
    Corinne

Profile photo of apuapu
    Participant
    @apu

Hi everyone,

I'd be interested in meeting up too. I'm also a bit of a newbie with my first IP purchased last year.

Any weeknight after 7pm except Wednesday would be fine for me, and I'm South East (Mulgrave).  

Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Hi everyone.

Sounds like there is a fair bit of interest! This should be an exciting group to get together and discuss investing.

These catch ups will give us all a great opportunity to network and to learn more collectively. The intention is that there will be NO SELLING, and the members of the discussion will enforce this intention during catch ups.

I’ve had emails from a few of you, but not everyone. If everyone is able to email me, then I will compile an email list so that I know all of you are receiving my communications (and not having to check this forum every day etc).

In your email, can you please note which days you will NOT BE FREE. This is easier to try and schedule a night where the majority of people are free.

Finally, as we have a few westies it may end up being easier for all if we meet in the CBD. This may also prove easier if the group expands over time such that we can accommodate everyone. Please indicate in your emails if you WILL NOT be able to get to the CBD in the evenings. If it’s easier for anyone, I may be able to organise a carpool from CBD to the east (forest hill or there abouts…)

Looking forward to hearing from you all, and meeting you soon. Have a great weekend in the Melbourne heat!

Cheers,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.