All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Development and Sub-Division Software

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of dnh83dnh83
    @dnh83

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some decent Property Development/Sub-Division Software ??

I want to be able to design Site Plans, put together Block Layout Proposals, etc as well as do the internal designs for houses needing renovations and also design new dwellings from scratch…

I know its a bit of an ask, especially given I'm keen to try one that is either free or doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy…

I'm happy to work my way around a program, just want to know what does (or doesn't) work for people.

Cheers,

Darren

Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Not the best software, but google sketch up has a free version that can do some basic drawing

http://www.google.com/sketchup/product/gsu.html

It may give you an idea of how some of the software works, so you can figure out what you do and don’t need before you buy some better software.

Profile photo of dnh83dnh83
    @dnh83

Thanks Adam – I'll download it and give it a go.

Anyone else using specific desing software ??

Profile photo of dnh83dnh83
    @dnh83
    Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

okay how about a free site with software where i can keep each property upto date with $ spent per building also where it can let me know when rent is due and also when a lease will be expiring etc

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Maybe of assistance:

http://www.devfeas.com.au/html/feastudy/feastudy.html

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    keiko wrote:
    okay how about a free site with software where i can keep each property upto date with $ spent per building also where it can let me know when rent is due and also when a lease will be expiring etc

Have a play with Rentmaster http://www.rentmaster.co.nz It comes with a free trial which should be sufficient to check if it does what you need and at $135Au it is better value than many others on the market.

Participant
    @keiko

Thanks Scott, I uploaded rentmaster and it was good but my computer went realy slow, is there another one I can upload or is there away around having rentmaster and making my computer stay at the same speed. Thanks

Participant
    @keiko

Scott how do you find the speed on the internet when rentmaster is on there?
    my net slowed up heaps

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb
    dnh83 wrote:

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some decent Property Development/Sub-Division Software ??

I want to be able to design Site Plans, put together Block Layout Proposals, etc as well as do the internal designs for houses needing renovations and also design new dwellings from scratch…

I know its a bit of an ask, especially given I'm keen to try one that is either free or doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy…

I'm happy to work my way around a program, just want to know what does (or doesn't) work for people.

Cheers,

Darren

Darren,

I'm not being a smart-arse here, but this is my advice: Use a pen and paper! Use transparencies to fine-tune your concepts.
    This is what I do for early stage concepts and it's quicker, easier, more creative and probably more engaging.
    Once you've got through the conceptual stuff your best bet is probably a cheapy CAD program.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.