Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of parraboyparraboy
    Participant
    @parraboy

Hi Guys,

I am looking at options in tasmania. I have found a reasonable priced property in Austins Ferry that is starting to stack up. It is 8kms from Hobart and has a few things going for it.   What is people's thoughts on Tasmania and if there is anyone with knowledge of the market and in particular Austins Ferry area that would be great. Yeild looks Ok at about 6% or higher.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

parraboy

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I dont know the area very well but have just financed a deal in Hobart for an investor client.

If you want a Residex search done on the property shoot me an email with the security address and I will whip one up for you.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Hi,

Just wondering if you have factored in land tax when doing your sums. I think that land tax is payable on a very small land value from memory.  I jus googled it and land tax is payable from a land value of $25,000. On a block of land valued at $100k you would pay about $400 a year. Other than that i don't know much about Tasmania.

cheers

Sonya

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.