All Topics / General Property / Inner Brisbane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

Howdy

Curiosity has got the better of me and I’ve been having a look at units closer to Brisbane CBD.
    Most of the properties don’t seem to be that great but i’ve seen one or two that have reasonable body corporate and rate fee’s and rent for a decent price.

A few questions.
    Rental Demand, for 1 bedroom properties in the city(must have fridge space or i wont consider) is this high/constant?
    Are there any other sneaky fee’s that they don’t tell you about?
    Capital growth??( as long as its not negative)
    Car park? When I was looking this is the first thing I thought about, but then again I don’t work in the city.
    Heritage Buildings( Might not be an issue, but I’ve run into this while working on a client building)
    Rental Insurance?
    LVR I hear some places won’t lend if the size is under 50m2

Sorry if this has been covered before.
    Does anyone here attend a property group?
    I’m 26 and have given up trying to talk property with almost everyone I know.

Cheers

Denis

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Hi Denis,

The Better Investing Group (BIG) hold meetings on the last Tuesday of each month at the Jindalee Hotel, first visit is free. Great networking and information resource for anybody interested in property, I'm always there if I'm able!

Regarding CBD apartments and capital gains I know that performance can be very building specific, which is likely true of all property :) So drilling down into the data and looking at individual resales would be important. My personal experience with units is that the Body Corp can really eat into the net yield.

Good luck with the searching.

Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

Thanks WaySolid :)

I was beginning to lose hope in my post!
    I couldn’t believe the difference in body corporate fee’s same street, similar size buildings with 4k per year difference.
    Going to visit some open houses this weekend to get a feel.

Cheers

Denis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.