All Topics / Value Adding / Replacing roof & guttering

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Hi there – after a ball park figure on replacing roof sheeting and guttering on a 12 square post 2nd war cottage would be please? There is a small laundry and toilet at the back that does have asbestos sheeting (probably about 4 sheets) the rest in normal zincalume. Thanks in advance. Maree

Profile photo of madelizabethanmadelizabethan
    @madelizabethan

I was quoted $20K for a 20square, six bedroom house in Katoomba about three years ago, but that's the only time I've had to look at a re-roofing because we found the brand new panels that the owners had just had installed before going to market were cut too short and made the roof leak. We ended up not buying that one…

Basic gutters on a 10 square house (approximately 61 linear metres) should set you back about $2500-3000. If you're installing the same length in a bushy area and need to get the top-of-the-line double-layer-super-dooper-leaf-free gutters (can't remember their name at the moment, sorry), expect to pay about $10-12K.

Remember to check that your barge-boards don't need doing at the same time. The current ones we're dealing with are rotten through and need to be replaced with vinyl.

Asbestos fibro shouldn't really affect the price on guttering as they shouldn't have to distrurb the stuff. If they do, I'd be asking questions.

Profile photo of j.wj.w
    Participant
    @j-w

Hi Maree,

Where is the house located?

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

thanks Elizabeth – based on that I think maybe half the cost so approx $10k?
    Jason – it is Gippsland Lakes area in Victoria

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Marie. Just make sure you get a few quotes. We had a small 3br place done last year, and quotes varied beween $6600 & $12,000 – for the same work (no getters – new colourbond only) I woud imagine $8.5k or so would pull you up for the roof, but as soon as asbestos is involved, that could double – depending on how much needs to be removed. All the best.

Profile photo of marx3bullmarx3bull
    @marx3bull

v8ghia just gave an god suggestion. You should get few quotes before taking you decision. Do consider all the ins and outs of the deal before saying the final “yes”

Orlando car rental.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.