Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of zimbyzimby
    @zimby

Howdy

I’ve been crunching some numbers and the difficulty of finding a cf+ property has kicked in.
    Mainly looking at houses(not the easies to get cf+ either)
    We’re looking around Brisbane, we’ll be living in this place until we’ve saved up enough for another deposit, hopefully 6 months(taking stamp duty concessions into consideration)
    We’d like to start small for our first place, this way we can save more for another quicker.
    Richard has kindly offered to help with the brokering side so I feel we are in good hands in this area.
    A lot of what i’m reading is that to move past 2 places you really need cf+ properties, well this makes sense.
    A 350k loan at IO for 30 years at 6.7 is roughly $450 a week to cover payments, not including maintenance etc.
    I know there are cheaper introductory rates, but these usually expire after 1-2 years.
    I don’t expect it to be easy to find these deals, but are there tools/resources that can help.
    I’ve emailed a few Real estate agents and they have pointed me in the direction of some auctions.
    I guess I just need someone living in Brisbane who has bought a cf+ property( 95%LVR) to pat me on the back and tell me it is possible.
    Am I able to claim depreciation on a PPOR?
    Are there property meetings in Brisbane?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas

Thanks Heaps :)

Denis

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Denis

Quick answer – Am I able to claim depreciation on a PPOR – NO not whilst it is your PPOR.

When you rent it out you can.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.