All Topics / Finance / Guarantor Loans

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jhk2770jhk2770
    @jhk2770

Can someone tell me whether a guarantor can be a business partner or friend?  I'm told its got to be family!  If so, what criteria do lenders place on a guarantor who is business partner or friend?  What sort of equity do lenders look for in a guarantors property?  Do you need full docs?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes a guarantor can be a business partner but in saying this the lender would expect their to be some financial or beneficial interest in the provision of the guarantee.

I am not sure I would want to offer my property as guarantee for my business partners home loan but everyone to their own.

If your partner is providing security by way of guarantee then most lenders would also want to have his first mortgage.

Yes you need to go full doc as otherwise it defeats the purpose.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of john_ijohn_i
    @john_i

Generally it is not possible to get a guarantor loan with the use of low doc.  But there is a way in some instances to do this.  What one should do is have the guarantor take a loan on their property, and lend it to you.  This money loaned can be used as deposit.  This means that your guarantor will be borrowing 20% of the loan while you borrow the final 80%.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

John just to qualify the point you made in that case the parents are not guarantors but now borrowers.

Also neither of the mortgage insurers will accept a 80% lodoc loan where the 20% deposit has been borrowed or gifted.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of karen hudsonkaren hudson
    @karen-hudson

Use of a guarantor does not ensure that a loan application will go through, because the guarantor is considered part of the loan application, and his or her credit will be evaluated along with the other applicants. If the lending institution feels that the guarantor cannot make good on the debt, they will not approve the loan. When seeking out a guarantor, it is important to keep this in mind.

Profile photo of karen hudsonkaren hudson
    @karen-hudson

Use of a guarantor does not ensure that a loan application will go through, because the guarantor is considered part of the loan application, and his or her credit will be evaluated along with the other applicants. If the lending institution feels that the guarantor cannot make good on the debt, they will not approve the loan. When seeking out a guarantor, it is important to keep this in mind.

Profile photo of pobrien3pobrien3
    @pobrien3

Most of the lenders will require the guarantor to be a family member but CBA will allow non family members on a case by case basis. Full doc only. Overall LVR needs to be less than 80%.

Cheers

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

One way around this is to buy in a trust with the guarantor a beneficiary – may not suit your circumstances tho.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.