All Topics / Forum Frolic / Sick and tired of Employers lying at interview

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Quantum LeapQuantum Leap
    Participant
    @quantum-leap

Hello there,

Over the course of my last 4 jobs I've been severely misled by each employer during the interview phase.

I've been told all these great things about the company, which has lead to my decision to join them, only to learn when starting that a large portion of what I was told was complete bull*^*#.  In many cases I have done significant background research (obviously not enough) however there's only so much you can learn from the outside of an organisation.

Anyone have any ideas on what kind of recourse is available for this type of misleading conduct?  It is quite common in my industry and I really am getting sick and tired of it.

Rgs

QL

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

what kind of organisation did you involve?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Not much you can do really. Did they put anything in writing? If so it may be a breach of the employment contract.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Quantum LeapQuantum Leap
    Participant
    @quantum-leap

It's in the IT sector…

The statements I'm referring to are the claims made about company performance, culture, and such.  These things are usually not put in a contract.

I agree, not much you can do.

Rgs

QL

Profile photo of rickypleasrickypleas
    @rickypleas

You are not the only to experience that kind of issue and the sad truth is you can't really do anything about it. The employers are just too much to handle that is.

Profile photo of GrantH_1974GrantH_1974
    @granth_1974

How old are you..? Please don't say you are 'Gen Y'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.