All Topics / Help Needed! / value adding b4 sale – patio??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Hybrid2007Hybrid2007
    @hybrid2007

Hi,

Will bet putting an investment property on the market and recently had the old delapidated patio covering pulled down for tenants safety.

Is it worth re-doing the patio before sale? your thoughts please. Basically i dont mind doing it if it will help with the sale, not sure if patios are a common selling point? Ppty is in WA so a patio in summer i believe is a good thing with the heat!

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I cannot speak generically, though I had my PPOR reviewed by an estate agent once, from the perspective of both selling and renting it out.  I recall them nodding and saying something to the effect of "covered outdoor entertainment area, yes, good, like that".

In terms of functionality, a patio is useful for sheltering stuff from the rain that you leave outside, and also providing shade for when you want to spend time outdoors.  It also keeps some sun off the house (but comes at the cost of some light in the house).  I put in one of those colourbond type pergolas with a fancy looking perspex stuff, but it had seethru strips put in intermittently so as to not disrupt the light in the house too much.

I would have thought a patio in Perth would be essential due to the heat.  Why not go look at a bunch of houses that are up for sale, and compare the prices of similar properties that do and do not have patios?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.