All Topics / Help Needed! / Land subdivision costs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Cracker1970Cracker1970
    Participant
    @cracker1970

Hi all,

I know this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' type questions but I've trolled all the forum posts and couldn't find the answer I was after.

I'm seriously looking into purchasing a small to medium parcel of land for subdivision, around the 15-20 block range. Some of the the projects that i've briefly looked at already have DA approval and are ready to go.

Can anyone tell me what the average cost would be per block for the infrastructure, ie underground power/water/sewerage road works ect ect for each block. I'm obviously trying to do my feasability to see if the project is viable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reagrds

Profile photo of GiovanniGiovanni
    Participant
    @giovanni

All I can say is: "You are dreaming, mate!"

sorry to tell you, you won't find your answer here on this forum without more specifics and without yourself doing the due diligence.

If you are serious about buying the land, then be serious about paying for advice, like a town planner or an construction firm who specialize in your area. Otherwise, you will be getting only comments, opinions and laughs.

Cheers,

G

Profile photo of Cracker1970Cracker1970
    Participant
    @cracker1970

Thanks for your professional advise so far Giovanni!!!….maybe I am dreaming but at least I have one…you are negative and I feel sorry for you.

I was not after free professional advice, I was merely after experienced opinion on what might be the cost of a medium land subdivision. I'm only experienced at small block splitting and was just seeing if someone could suggest what the approximate costs would be per block….as I said I know it was a 'how long is a piece of string question' but I though someone might have done something similar before and may be able to assist before I go to the professionalls….after all I thought this is what this forum was all about….sorry to all other members if I have over stepped the mark

I must say I'm dumbfounded at your attitute at your terse (check oxford dictionary for that word Geno) and  negative comments to my question. And yes I am well aware I will have to engage a town planner, construction company ect ect for final figures…but as you rightfully put it all i will get is opinion and comments….WHICH IS WHAT I WAS AFTER!!!! I  think the laughs will be on you for your immature response.

If these is anyone on this forum with some common sense that may be able to give me a ball park figure per block…1k…20k….50k….than once again I would appreciate it. The development is in Logan city council with about 200 meters of road works.

Profile photo of eddiemeddiem
    @eddiem

Yeah, I can give you an idea. I'm doing a simular sub D in country vic. I suspect Qld is cheaper than Vic but here its between 35k to 45k depending mainly on how far you have to go to connect to all services…
    Hope that helps
    Eddie

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi all,

Eddiem are u able to give a bit more detail such as a rough area where you are doing this and what sort of block size and success you are having doing this. I would love to do this and as yet haven't found anyone who has done it. Feel free to PM me. Thanks for any info!

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of j hallj hall
    @j-hall

qld can be upto 50k per block.but it depends on heaps of things.

town planner is your person to see here,they can take your lot number and then prepare a complete costing of the whole project and tell you if its feasable at the same time.

see your town planner.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I just bought a block in a new sub-division in Tassie for $55k, so it can't be too much!

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.