All Topics / General Property / Is Rudd Doing Enough

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hello all,

Thought I would try a different angle today …

Do you think the RUDD government is doing enough …

My only comment here is that I feel this government is spending the savings that Howard and Costello created and we as a nation are getting further into debt ?????

130,000 people are now retiring in Australia every year (baby boomers)

The generation y's and after have a harder battle … is the government looking after your interest ???

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Hi W4L,

I'd make two comments. One, if the Rudd govt didn't spend as they did, Australia would have gone into recession, and unemployment would have been much higher. The test will come when it is time to STOP spending. Hopefully they can see the signs and rein in the spending, or we will have higher inflation, interest rates etc.

Secondly, in the second half of the Howard govt, they spent like the proverbial drunken sailor. If they had saved MORE at that time, rather than blowing money on middle class welfare, we would be in an even better position.

I heard last week that there are currently 8.5 taxpayers for every person on an aged pension. By 2030, the ratio will be 3.5:1.

That will be the real battle; funding all the boomers who are retiring with minimal super.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Sorry guys I just loathe Wayne Swan. He is all mouth and no brain behind it. At least Peter Costello knew when to shut up and when to talk up the economy. I have emailed Wayne Swan to let him know my sentiments and had no reply (maybe he is working, maybe he is guest starring on the news).

I am 29 and the couple times Labor has been in govt were not good times in my memory! There needs to be some spending but it needs to be smart, which unfortunately I don't think Wayne Swan and the current govt really are.

The problem with most govt is there really isn't any forward thinking. The forward thinkers all live in private enterprise land where the money is. None of the smarties on this forum are in govt (or are they?) Now for my rant! No new dams built in Victoria since the 50's. Still a heavy duty reliance on other countries, USA and China. Little support for farmers and manufacturing. Australia is the best and needs to be run that way and not like we are the littlies sucking up to the big kids. Love some politics before dinner!

Now WHERE is my soap box and my megaphone?

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.