All Topics / Legal & Accounting / discretionary trust banking

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Hi Everyone,

Setting up a discretionary trust at the moment, and I need to find a bank to do the trust's day-to day banking.

Assuming that the account won't have too many transactions each year, and ideally not have too much cash deposited into or sitting within the account, I am after an account that is good for these needs.

Can anybody suggest a good account that may do all of this?

I'm looking at NAB at the moment, as they are getting rid of monthly fees early in the new year, however as I am unfamiliar with operating trusts, I was hoping someone may have some input regarding the suitability of this account, i.e is there any special features that a trust may need which a standard NAB account wouldn't be able to provide?

Thanks is advance,

Profile photo of BrisbaneAndyBrisbaneAndy
    Participant
    @brisbaneandy

I'm at the same stage aaabbbccc and the only advice I can give is be careful as some banks won't allow trusts/trustees to use the normal personal accounts, only business accounts.  I've been looking at BankWest although I still haven't decided and would love some advice as well :-)

Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

We ended up going with BankWest’s business account for the trust. No monthly fees, and seems pretty good so far.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I like bankwest too – you can get a high interest account to hold the cash and a normal transaction account to transfer it etc.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.