All Topics / Help Needed! / Bullding units/houses on a R20/25 size block in Perth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of bluemoneybluemoney
    Participant
    @bluemoney

Hi there,

Im hoping somebody can help me with the R codes in Perth. How many units/houses are you allowed to build on a 1500sqm size block if it is zoned R 20/25?

And whether if hey needed to be a certian size or design… Im hoping to buy my neighbours house and build on both our blocks… any suggestions and help would be appreciated my email is: [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

This is my understanding of the R Codes…

Take 10,000 and then divide it by the R code number to get the minimum block size. so for R20, must be 500sqm per block, and R25 must be 400sqm. That is to divide into green title blocks. R20 can have 450sqm if they are strata blocks…

So it should be fine to build 3 green title house+land on the properties, however you may possibly be able to build 4 or more if you investigate strata titles. Depends on the council really. You often see exceptions to this, for example I am considering purchasing a house on a survey strata block of 349sqm in a R25 zone. It all depends on what other developments are going on, location of the block…

Profile photo of LockymacLockymac
    @lockymac

Wisepearl nailed it mate. The designs dont really matter but the council will need to see plans so they know that you can fit your 3 or 4 houses on the site. Also look at the frontages of the block you may be able to get four on but it might not make any sense. Also look to see if other developments of this type have been done in your area that way you can see if there is a market.

Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.