All Topics / Value Adding / More value – keep 2 small Bdrms or convert to 1 with Ens + WIR ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of benstonebenstone
    Participant
    @benstone

I am currently looking at a 5 bedroom house, where the smallest 2 bedrooms are 3.2m x 2.85m and 3.2m x 3.04m. I am looking to renovate and sell, but it is the first time I have done a project like this. Which would have more resale value;keep both bedrooms and paint and recarpet or convert the 2 rooms into one bedroom with ensuite and WIR ? One of the rooms backs onto the existing ensuite in the master, so I don't think it would be too much of a problem to add another shower room. Any advise would be appreciated.

Profile photo of bradjebradje
    Participant
    @bradje

Hi Benstone,
    Depends on who you are targetting as a buyer. Is it in a well-to-do suburb, or lower end of the market?
    An investor will go for the extra bedrooms if they can have doors that lock and put in 5 students or whatever.
    A family of 4 will probably like a bigger room.

Ask at the REA’s and see what is selling well in the area and then you know your targets…
    Cheers,
    JB

Profile photo of AnaAna
    Participant
    @ana

Through all our renos and statistics we have found that having more bedrooms will always result in a higher return then having one. If you speak to bank valuators that is what they will aslo recommend.

Most people when they search for property mainly do so online and after selecting suburb and price range the first thing they do is put down how many MIN bedrooms they need. If yours has two it will show up in search results for those looking for min 1 bedroom and also for those looking for min 2bedrooms – therefore appealing to more people.. The more interest you can get in your property the more people you will have showing up on auction day :)

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

also how many bathrooms are currently in the house? if there is only 1 then you may need a second.
    but if there is already 2 theres know way I would consider loosing a bedroom.
    those sizes are small but you still get a double in them

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.