All Topics / Value Adding / Demolishing in a demolition control precinct Brisbane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BristowBristow
    Participant
    @bristow

The property manager for my house in Northgate, Brisbane has suggested I demolish my house and build units, because the house is basically crappy (though it is structurally sound).  The house is in a demolition control precinct that means special application has to be made to demolish a house that was built before 1947. 

The agent gave me the name of a Town Planner, who has given me a quote of $2,300 (plus $1910 council application fee, plus $700 advertising and other costs, plus GST) just to make an application to the council for demolition.  Has anyone had experience with this kind of situation? 

(Actually my unsureness about it is made worse by the Town Planner’s quotation document being full of typos and grammar mistakes, and with some obviously contradictory information; as if the document was a very hastily put together cut and paste job. Otherwise it looks quite professional)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I think i would be getting a quote from another Town Planner as the idea of employing a professional is that he will guide you through the process.

Having done 101 developments in and around Brissie most TP's should be able to give you a high probable indication of how your likely your deal is to go through.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.