All Topics / Help Needed! / What is the state of Karratha at the moment?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of jaysond79jaysond79
    @jaysond79

I've been looking at mining towns for a while and Port Hedland and Karratha are the two that I am interested in. The only reason why I haven't jump in is because of the high price tag. Sounds kinda risky investing so much money in a mining town. But willing to do so if the risk a minimal. I've just read the recent API magazine and it gave some interesting comments on Karratha and in particular the impact of Gorgon. Would like some local opinion on Karratha and those who have invested in Karratha.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Yep i've got shares in LNG thank you very much … next 2 years will be interesting !!!

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Certainly lots of planned activity there http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/work-at-barrow-island-could-start-by-christmas-chevron-20090826-ezkz.html

Someone recently mentioned on the forum that the mining company has plans to build accommodation on Barrow Island.

Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

yes this is true. accommodation is going to be built on the Barrow Island. I have a friend who is going to be directly involved with the construction of the camp. One thing that most people are not aware of is that Barrow Island has its own airport and people working there are flown directly to the Island.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.