All Topics / Help Needed! / Floor plan software for owner builder

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Hi All,

I'm looking at building our next PPOR as an Owner Builder.  I have a friend that is an architect and is happy to do up the final drawing though before seeing him we wanted to draw up our own basic floor plan.

Does anyone know where I can download or purchase "floor plan creation" software? Something relatively easy to use would be good:)

cheers

Wayne

Profile photo of DomainDomain
    @domain

Why not get a pen and paper and draw one up before you meet him?
    It's fast, basic and will save any unnecessary expenses.

Profile photo of airstrike2001airstrike2001
    Participant
    @airstrike2001

Hi Wayne,

I did stumble across a package called Smart Draw. it does do basic floor plans etc. I actually designed an office fitout on this programme as a guide for the client in about 3 hours after downloading it that day. it does come as a free trial, with full usage, but after 7 days you need to purchase the programme. It costs about aus $250 after conversion from US dollars.  the only draw backs to this programme i found in the trial version was if you wanted to print or email the plan you had sample from Smartdraw printed over the plan but you could work around that.
    website is http://www.smartdraw.com.

This is not a recommendation, try the free trial to see if it suits your needs.

Cheers
    Steve

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi Wayne

I'm not sure why you would want to do anything more than a roughie by hand on paper then hand it off to your friend? 
    Often investors get caught up in the thinking that they need to be able to do everything and this can have the effect of taking us away from the main game which is investing.  I encourage you to look at why you feel t he need to do this, you may be interested in the AHA's

Warm regards
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.  My friend is moving to Queensland soon and we will be mostly communicating via email.  As he's doing it as more of a favour for us we wanted to provide him with my detail as possible so he doesn't have to do too much work.

Steve -the smartdraw looks pretty good – I'll download a trial version and see how we go.

Sue – can you expand on what you mean by AHAs?

cheers

Wayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.