All Topics / Help Needed! / Sub Dividing land

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of lindsay and vickilindsay and vicki
    @lindsay-and-vicki

Recently a house on a large block of land came up for sale, we thought that this would be the ideal, buy and sub divide, but talking to the council they said that the block is too small, its 1130 m2.
    Apparently the back part needs to be 800 m2 excluding access and the front 450 m2, is that the same Australia wide?

Profile photo of DomainDomain
    @domain

May I ask what suburb/ state this house is located?
    I've seen land less than 700m2 be subdivided into 3 titles before…sounds very odd

Profile photo of lindsay and vickilindsay and vicki
    @lindsay-and-vicki
    Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Depends upon the town plan.

Not all of NSW will have the same zoning requirements to allow sub-division, nor any state for that matter.

You may find that within Griffith iteslf there are different density requirements that council have depending on the location. Generally (altough not absolute) main/busy roads nearer to intersections and especially infrastrusture such as CBD, train, shops, etc, may give more scope to achieve denser development on a block and have looser height requirements

If that's your turf and you're keen on an IP there, I suggest you obtain zoning maps from Griffith council and learn their DCP (Development Control Plan) and LEP (Land and Environment Plan)

As you have done, always check with council prior to committing to a purchase especially if your intent is to subdivide.

@lindsay-and-vicki

Hey thanks Michael, I will do that.

Profile photo of benhigginsbenhiggins
    Participant
    @benhiggins

Can I ask how much you purchased the house and land for in Griffith?

@lindsay-and-vicki

Hi,
    we didnt purchase the house due to the council not allowing sub division.
    Vicki

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.