All Topics / Help Needed! / drainage costs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of green4green4
    @green4

Hi

We are looking at purchasing an investment property to subdivide into 3 lots.
    We have checked with the local council and all ok except we need to connect three properties via an easement to local stormwater.  approx 95 meters of pipe.

Does anyone know of approx cost? and/or who we would need to contact to arrange a quote prior to making an offer on the property? ie do we need to speak to an engineer first ( i have spoken to the council engineer) or just the contractor.  What contractor would do the work?  What category do I look under in the yellow pages?

The property is in the Perth metro area.

Thanks
    Kylie

Profile photo of jenniferhudson75jenniferhudson75
    @jenniferhudson75

I think the value of a property is determined by an appraisal. There are three basic types of appraisals: FIRST: Sales Comparison, SECOND: Cost, and THIRD: Income Capitalization.  Sales comparison method estimates a property's value by comparing it to similar properties that recently sold in the area. An appraiser will compare comparables to the subject property to help determine its value. Cost method determines a property's value by calculating how much it would cost to replace. The appraiser estimates the value of the property if it was new, then deducts an amount for depreciation (wear and tear) based on the property's current condition. In the Income Capitalization method, appraisals place a value on a property based on its ability to produce income.  If you want to learn on the detailed explanation for this, you can visit http://thewealthcollege.com.  Articles are provided there to answer your questions.  I hope this would be of help to you..

Profile photo of green4green4
    @green4

Sorry I think my message wasn't clear.  I'm just after the approx cost of the 95m connection to the stormwater.
    Thanks

Profile photo of HeathJonesHeathJones
    @heathjones

Do you still need advice on this?

I am a young engineer – I do a lot of stormwater design for the North Queensland region.  I can probably do some quick calculations for you to give a ball park figure. i.e. calculate flow rates to determine pipe size which of course will determine the cost.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.