All Topics / Heads Up! / Beginner Investor. Recommend me some useful books

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of kokamoskokamos
    @kokamos

Hi,

I just migrated to Melbourne form UK with my family. I just graduated from Monash University. As you can see, i am a total Beginner with no experience at all in property investing. ( I do know the laws etc in UK but not here). Someone care to list me some books that you think would be useful for me as a beginner?

Any MUST buy book?

Thanks

Regards
    Ed

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I liked peter spann's book on property. But generally the forums are the best place to read.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of AUSMaverickAUSMaverick
    Participant
    @ausmaverick

Ed,

I have found it is wise to concentrate on the Australian authors & suggest new  IP investors start by reading the following books in this order:
    1. Jan Somers – building wealth through investment property (an excellent read & starting game plan for novices)
    2. John L Fitzgerarld – Seven steps to wealth (similar approach to Jan, easy to follow strategy with sound advice)
    3. Michael Yardney- How to grow a multi – million dollar property portfolio ( a fantastic read, enormous amount of advice across the full specrum, some of his tips are directed at the more advanced  property investor)

Profile photo of kokamoskokamos
    @kokamos

Thank you Maverick. Your help is very much appreciated!

Profile photo of JD86JD86
    @jd86

steve mcknight – from 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years

Profile photo of kokamoskokamos
    @kokamos

Any Books explaining the steps needed for property transaction? What should be considered when buying a property in Australia? Any taxes etc?

Thanks

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

HI

I have also found margaret Lomas' books to be very helpful and include calculations for determining land tax and other assoicated purchasing expenses.

good luck

Sonya

Profile photo of sydneypropertymansydneypropertyman
    @sydneypropertyman

If you’re still undecided – I’d also highly recommend Yardney’s “How to grow a multi-million dollar property portfolio” – I found it a great read.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Hi kokamos

I highly recommend this website www.businessmall.com.au/ it has all of the above books and more its free postage within Australia I use it all the time..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.