All Topics / Help Needed! / Thoughts on this property

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Hi everyone,

I wanted to gauge peoples opinions on this particular property…

It has had about 4000 people visit the link through realestate.com.au but it's still not sold… Is there something wrong with this type of IP?

Opinions appreciated.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105284386&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=46086257&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1257514219

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

why is it an investment only? is it motel type accommodation?

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Looks like a managed serviced apartment due to conference facility & restaurant etc. or perhaps a converted motel.
    Ad doesn't address the obvious questions about nett rent after management expenses, availability of income records, who manages, age, parking, .  Needs split aircon system in lounge and kitchen. Overall blurb Too brief. Presents OK otherwise.
    Are you the seller, what's your interest ?
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

R U A SELLER?
    Declare your interest please

Profile photo of aaabbbcccaaabbbccc
    Participant
    @aaabbbccc

Hi.

I'm a buyer, not a seller.

My wife and I have been looking for an IP for about 6 months, but we keep swinging between 3BM houses on large blocks, or cheaper units/apartments with reasonable yields.

Also what are people's opinions on inner-city apartments? From what I can see on realestate.com.au the yields are fairly high, but I'm obviously missing something because there are HEAPS for sale…

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

Profile photo of AlaisterAlaister
    Participant
    @alaister

You would def want to call up and find out how much all the outgoings and strata are. The rental income seems high however i think outgoings will be very high also making the investment not as attractive as it initially looks.

Profile photo of diggerdigzitdiggerdigzit
    @diggerdigzit
    god_of_money wrote:

R U A SELLER?
    Declare your interest please

why, are you like the forum police or something and also it's RUDE TO SHOUT

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

It is a serviced apartment complex you book in for the night . It probably incurs high management fees for you the owner .
    see http://www.questknox.com.au/index.site.home.property.21.html

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi,

I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

I don't know how much demand there will be also as the quest (previous post) seems to be newer and in a better location. Mountain HWY is before the major shopping centre in Wantirna South, Cnr Burwood HWY and Stud Rd. Ask a lot of of questions on this one especially why they are selling. I would also ask about vacancy rates and ask to see any information they have on current bookings. Sometimes overnight accommodation can be booked on better views, away from rd etc not neccessarily in a rotation.  There will probably be a limited amount of control you will have over this IP so if you are cool with all of this look into it further. But hey I like big Blocks.

DWolfe

Comments are of a general nature and may not be relevant to your individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.