All Topics / Help Needed! / Should I bargain on off the plan?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ChrisfromhastingsChrisfromhastings
    Participant
    @chrisfromhastings

I want to purchase an off the plan IP unit from an estate agent, not an investment company.  Units are being built by medium size building co. There are 12 units in the project with 3 left. They are basic, but appear to be good value at the ask.  Question is – should I bargain or just accept the ask price?

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi,

I would always bargain! I always do, on pretty much everything. If you don't ask, you don't get! And what is the worst thing they can say? No. So no harm done. Don't go crazy with silly prices and you might get a better deal.

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of LockymacLockymac
    @lockymac

Bargain for sure, if these ones are left they will be keen to move them. You should be able to get it cheaper

Profile photo of jmiellejmielle
    Participant
    @jmielle

Always bargain, it’s surprises me when you find out how different all the prices end up selling for, even if they were all advertised at one price. Bargain on price and also features.

Profile photo of Sailesh CSailesh C
    @sailesh-c

With bank funding to developers getting very strict due to liquidity issues most developers are keen to negotiate on off the plan sales. However, in this case the developer would have achieved the required number of sales to get started.

He would generally be reluctant to discount on the last few as he may have already discounted the first few to to secure bank funding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.