All Topics / Heads Up! / Australian Property Directions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of ctcm188ctcm188
    Participant
    @ctcm188

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of a company called Australian Property Directions?

My wife and I are looking at getting our first IP and this company seems to offer an easy way to start.

Of course I am a little bit skeptical with their claim that their service is free as they say they make their money on the mortgage and property sales commissions.

Their web site is very superficial and I couldn't find any further information on them through any of the search engines.

What they seem to offer is an initial consultation which we have had. A financial structuring and profile meeting followed by a presentation of selected property investments which involved being driven around Melbourne looking at IP options.

They then offer continued support, service, advice and opportunity.

During the initial meeting the consultant seemed to advise that the best option was house and land due to the extra benefits in depreciation and stamp duty (less stamp duty on house and land purchase over established house) which would greatly reduce out taxable income.

I'm a little bit nervous about this as it seems too good to be true.

If anyone has had any dealing with this company I would appreciate your feedback on them.

Regards,
    Christopher

Profile photo of obie01obie01
    @obie01

Hi this is Obie I'm finding the same thing here in Brisbane i have been search to i have not  come up with much info either

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

You bet they do "make their money on the property sales commissions" and i bet it is not standard real estate comission either.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of obie01obie01
    @obie01

I Pulled the pin on them think i have saved myself been burnt after having a good search and finding other reference's .

<moderator: delete personal comment>

Obie

Profile photo of stewartfeestewartfee
    @stewartfee

Hi. I have just had my initial consultation with these people and just wondered how you got on and if it is legit to continue to the next stage.

Profile photo of ctcm188ctcm188
    Participant
    @ctcm188

I decided not to go ahead with them.

Ultimately whatever they offered was being funded by under the table commissions which I end up paying for.

There was no real magic to what they did so I decided to spend some time doing my own research and learning and going it alone.

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Then… blame on foreign investor that property price is getting untouchable

Profile photo of Novice76Novice76
    @novice76

And did u find something better? Was what they offered on par with your own findings? We’re looking at using them too as they seem to know all the stuff we don’t but I would so love to hear from someone who’s used them!

Do they suggest you access your super to invest?

Sorry I’m a real dummy when it comes to this stuff.

Profile photo of kattimakattima
    @kattima

Australian Property Directions Survey by the Australian Property Institute summarized the views of a range of property investment experts on the position of the Sydney property market in the property cycle. Residential property is seen as being at the bottom of the cycle in 2009. In 2010, residential property in Sydney is viewed as commencing the next upswing of the cycle.

Rental demand remains very strong despite the fact that property ownership has become more affordable for people in all walks of life due to lower interest rates and the First Home Owner Grant.

Profile photo of dezzalenkodezzalenko
    @dezzalenko

Stewartfee, how did you go? We are now in the same situation as you have been. We have had an initial consult.

Christopher, is it a better idea to learn the ropes for ourselves? How much work have you found it to be? Can you suggest a good resource/place to start?

Thanks!

Profile photo of nuxi187nuxi187
    @nuxi187

Australian Property Directions are a joke! A good friend of mine got a job with them as a consultant. They had to learn a script before they could go out and meet clients. I was shown the script and laughed. I totally disagreed with it as it was "designed" to push people into purchasing with them. They make thier money on the settlements of the properties purchased and get an advancement once these contracts have gone unconditional. My friend no longer works for them, thankfully because of this.

My personal opinion is to steer clear. I have obtained quite a few investment properties on my own that give me the maximum in tax benefits, you don't need people like that telling you how to go about it.

Nuxi 

Profile photo of APD TeamAPD Team
    Participant
    @apd-team

As an owner of Australian Property Directions I welcome the queries and am excited by people wanting to find out more about exactly who we are and how we operate.   I do think it's unfortunate that our competitors have been clearly attempting to gain a strategic advantage and level the playing field with negative and self serving comments.
    Given this I would encourage you to click on the link below to see just a snapshot of what some of our clients think of the services and support we provide.
    http://www.propertydirections.com.au/testimonials.php 
    Alternatively give us a call at our head office on 07 3871 3744 and we can organise for you to have a chat with one of our team and then you as a consumer can make a fully informed decision on whether you wish to pursue property investment with us.

APD Team

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Hey. I haven't dealt with APD myself, but from my experience with other similar companies, I'd suggest that you do your background research first. Understand their vested interests and where they make their money from. Also try and get references of past clients. Then you'll make a more informed decision

Profile photo of bo 01bo 01
    Participant
    @bo-01

Dealt with APD late last year 2012. Everything is rushed and, alas, pressured when doing their tour and, looking back, embarrassed by the badgering of being indecisive, went ahead and purchased a property. After the deal had been done, EXTREMELY difficult to contact ANY of the people we dealt with – even on their mobiles, let alone phoning their office, always in a meeting. Still have had NO follow up calls or emails or anything since. The building company were VERY helpful and so managed us through the mess APD left.

Just read on another site that insolvency dealings with APD in Oct 2013! Yet they are still advertising for staff in Sydney, go figure!

Regarding fees…. estimated around $30k – $35K!!!!! Embarrassed I didn't find this site earlier… Now trying to make the best out of the situation. Cheers.

Profile photo of JothamJotham
    @jotham

As an owner of Australian Property Directions I welcome the queries and am excited by people wanting to find out more about exactly who we are and how we operate.   I do think it's unfortunate that our competitors have been clearly attempting to gain a strategic advantage and level the playing field with negative and self serving comments.

Given this I would encourage you to click on the link below to see just a snapshot of what some of our clients think of the services and support we provide.

http://www.propertydirections.com.au/testimonials.php

Alternatively give us a call at our head office on 07 3871 3744 and we can organise for you to have a chat with one of our team and then you as a consumer can make a fully informed decision on whether you wish to pursue property investment with us.

APD Team

would not trust this company at all. Reading this post from an owner is disgraceful. I smell a rat.

Jotham

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.