All Topics / Help Needed! / Property sales data on Realestate.com.au

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of JimmyJJimmyJ
    @jimmyj

When looking at properties on realestate.com.au there is a section at the bottom of the page which lists other 'sales' in the local area.  These are properties which are sold.  This section has a title which says "Prepared by myrpdata.com"

Does anyone know if this is the actual sale price?

Profile photo of LockymacLockymac
    @lockymac

yeah mate im an agent in WA and I crossed checked them with the info on reiwa.com they were the same. if that helps

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Technically, yes – it is the contract price ie the price which has been declared on the contract of sale. If there are mitigating circumstances, like the property has been transacted subject to the exercise of an option/property settlement etc then the full value of the property would not have been reported.

Profile photo of young_investor1988young_investor1988
    @young_investor1988

Yes mate, I'm an agent in SA and same thing down here.

Profile photo of marx3bullmarx3bull
    @marx3bull

I also think the price here mentioned is nearly same as the original price. One of my friends have made a deal from the the site. He says he got good benefits.

Profile photo of JimmyJJimmyJ
    @jimmyj

Are there any free websites where I can search for past sales history in Western Australia. I guess an “onthehouse.com.au” equivalent for WA?

Profile photo of PuglyPugly
    @pugly

I'm not sure about any free sites but if you go onto realestate.com.au you can get a print out of the suburb sales history for $9.90. I have used it many times before and think it a small price to pay if you are dinkum about buying a house in a particular suburb. To me  could  potentially save you thousands.

Profile photo of JimmyJJimmyJ
    @jimmyj

great idea, definately agree. Shame there is no onthehouse.com.au equivalent for wa.

Profile photo of sydneypropertymansydneypropertyman
    @sydneypropertyman

Would also recommend the one from realestate.com.au, i've used them a couple of times now and they are always interesting!

I also find it good to do a google search of the address. Sometimes you find the search results show cached versions of websites that reveal the property has been listed for different prices over the last few months. Can be a good bargaining chip!

Profile photo of ToWhomItMayInterestToWhomItMayInterest
    @towhomitmayinterest
    JimmyJ wrote:

Does anyone know if this is the actual sale price?

Yes, I can confirm the price displayed is accurate I noticed a property I purchased in this section.

Interestingly (to me anyway) I noticed the property was only displayed on the month of settlement and not the month when the contract became a binding contract. My point is that some of these displayed prices may be a few months old from the date the contract became binding due to extended settlement periods (as with my case).

Funny thing was when I initially seen my property on the website, at first i didn't realise why it was there. For a split second I thought I was a victim of some type of mortgage thief, that someone was displaying my house for sale or something…lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.