All Topics / Heads Up! / Best Iphone App Creation ever – Augmented reality

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of danielkanoondanielkanoon
    @danielkanoon

For the last few weeks i have been reading a lot of news about this new technology called “augmented reality.” And now a number of iphone apps using this technology starting to hit the market.

Most people will be unfamiliar with this technology so let me try and break it down for you. Remember those scenes in the Terminator movies that showed us what the world looked like through Arnold Schwarzenegger’s cyborg eyes? Shapes and individuals were recognized and tracked, with a layer of information superimposed on top.

Augmented-reality apps for the iPhone 3GS and some Android handsets can now do essentially the same thing, thanks to a few key components. Because of GPS, these devices know where you are. And because of accelerometers and built-in compasses, they know where you’re pointing. Add an Internet connection, and augmented-reality apps can start describing what you’re looking at in real time.

AR apps are so new, only a few yet exist. However, the implications of this new technology not only on the property and real estate industry are going to be phenomenal.

If you still do not get the concept i got a few video. let me know if you think this is as crazy as i do???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZk0HaIs4s

Profile photo of zennyzenny
    @zenny

I love the idea of AR apps, hopefully we'll soon see some proper, polished augmented reality applications for the iPhone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.