Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

Im thinking of buying a car space in Sydney city as an investment and would therefore rent it out to someone who needs a car spot.  Anyone had any experience in this? 

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

Thank you, i did do a search to begin with but nothing came up.

Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1

Hi
    I think a carpark investment sounds like a great idea.   This is one thing I wish I had done years ago.   If your spot is in the city area in Sydney then how can you go wrong.  Just make sure its in a good position and easily accessible and you can get it for a reasonable price.   Thats my view anyway.  If you have  investments in Property theres no rule that says you can't make money in some other way.
    Good Luck
    Jules

JULES1
    Email Me

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Jules, nice to think that you can make money out of CBD parking however when you take into consideration that each parking space is a separate strata lot hence liable for rates & taxes, strata outgoings and of course the infamous Parking Levy (which seems to double every few years).

Profile photo of marx3bullmarx3bull
    @marx3bull

The idea to own a car park and earn from there is a very good idea, I think. If you buy in a good location that means inn good residential or commercial area of Sydney then I am sure you will get huge benefit.

Profile photo of citrusteacitrustea
    Participant
    @citrustea

Hi,
    This is something I looked into, but have not decided on yet.
    Some things to consider:
    >Whether a bank would loan money to purchase a single car park
    >How easy it would be to sell once you want to do something else with the money
    >The cost involved eg. fees to building owner/carpark manager, as well as governement taxes.
    >What is a fair price. I haven't yet found any data on the average price/price changes for carparks (though I haven't looked very hard either)
    A new website that may help is: http://www.findacarpark.com.au if you do want to look into at purchasing one.
    Ruth

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Ruth,
    This web site look like a great resource.
    I think car parks are more of a buy and hold for cashflow generating method of investment.
    I have been thinking of buying them as I can't borrow more than $70,000 from the bank due to low cash flow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.