All Topics / Help Needed! / Potential first investment- do these numbers look ok?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Real-NewbyReal-Newby
    Participant
    @tuff-et

Hi everyone,
               How are we all? We I have been toying with the idea of buying an investment property for years, I have got enough for a deposit, been and seen the bank and got pre-apporval and now it's up to me to take the final step.
    I think I am suffering from a bit of 'analysis paralysis' and just need some opinions.

One of the places I am looking at is in the Bayswater/Boronia area in VIC, it's a pretty neat 2 B/R Unit in a complex of 8 Units. It's about 5 mins from main st and railway station the unit looks to be in a nice area, so I am just wondering if these numbers look ok- I know it won't be a positive cashflow but it's the closest thing I can find in this area.
    I am not sure what body corporate fees would be, I will check this week.

Sale price   $230-250K
    Stamp duty $9K +/-
                     = 239-259K
    Rent            $260 P/W
    Repayments $290 +/-  (based on a loan of $220 – I can put in more for deposit to bring it down but wanna have some reserves)
    Agent fees   $21 P/W  (8%+/-)
    Body Corp = ???

Do you think this is worth a look or is it to highly negative geared.

Any thoughts would be great cause I am soooooooooooo keen to make a start.

Cheers

Dan

Profile photo of hydramaxhydramax
    Participant
    @hydramax

Tuff-et

Might want to find out from the bank if your pre-approval has passed the LMI's. This normally requires all documents including a street address. Just be careful, a pre-approval from the bank can still get knocked back from the LMI.  I don't mean to be negative but you need to find out for sure before committing to borrowing  80%+.

Hydra 

Profile photo of marx3bullmarx3bull
    @marx3bull

The location of the house is in a prime position. You can get everything beside of you. Communication is also easy. So I think you should make it a try. My main concern is about Repayments conditions. These look little complex to me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.