All Topics / Help Needed! / General Development Guidelines

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of ladybirdladybird
    Participant
    @ladybird

I own a property in Wembley, Perth, near the border with Subiaco, that I bought several years ago. It is 911 m2, has a ROW at the back and is already zoned R60. It has a substantial single-story house facing the street that has a 1m wide path either side.

The property next door (also 911 m2) was developed into 4 two-storey townhouses a few years ago (the existing house on it was demolished). It has 2 side by side townhouses at the back each with a double garage facing the ROW, and 2 townhouses at the front, one behind the other, with a driveway running up the side as far as the front wall of the rear townhouses.

I would like to develop the rear of my property with 2 two-storey townhouses pretty much identical to those on the neighbouring property, but keep the front property as is (apart from the addition of another room at the rear).

Because the front will not be developed the same as the neighbouring property (1 existing house compared to 2 new houses), I am not sure whether this will impact what is allowed at the rear (some of the R60 requirements seem to use common and shared areas in the calculations of what is allowed and this will of course be different for my proposal). Also, since the front does not need to share anything with the rear properties, perhaps it may be better to have that on its own green title.

Rather than spending big bucks at this stage getting architects or whoever is needed to draw up a plan, I would like to engage someone who can provide more general information on what I can do and can’t do. I find it quite difficult to understand the R-Codes and the various title options.

Who should I go to for this type of service? So I am NOT looking for someone to draw up a plan that I submit to the council for planning approval, just someone who can look at the plans of my neighbour’s development (which I have) to see what I would like the rear development to be, look at a drawing of my house with my proposed addition to see what the front is to be and then assess whether its feasible under council and R-code guidelines and perhaps offer some better suggestions. I want to get to the stage where I have enough information to decide whether to pursue development or not.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.