All Topics / Help Needed! / Gum Trees

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day all…
    quick question… We are just about to start building our PPOR in Tasmania. Over the last few weeks so much rain has fallen and wind blown that trees have been toppling all over the surrounding blocks. Just outside our boundry is a huge gum tree that looks ready to fall…If it falls in 3 months it will be directly on to our new house. What can I do about this before it becomes a problem? The block it is on is empty at the moment. Also worried about the huge tree roots that may impact on our house. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

tugger

Profile photo of cmasoncmason
    Participant
    @cmason

I would contact the local council to find out who own's the block the tree is on. Also I believe they would need to approve it being cut down anyway.

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

just hoping my insurance would cover the damage…who would be required to pay the costs of having it removed if it fell in our yard?
    thanks for your comments

Profile photo of cmasoncmason
    Participant
    @cmason

Not too sure who is responsible to remove a fallen tree, sensibly I would think the owner of the tree but legally it could be different

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.