All Topics / Help Needed! / Self Managed Superfund

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of HartfamHartfam
    @hartfam

Hi all,

We have a self managed superfund of $135k – how would you invest it? 

I have been looking at a property which will cost $130k and we will receive $200 per week rent so this is what Im thinking of doing so far.  This should return $10,400 p/a minus expenses.  I will manage the property myself so I wont have property management fees.  The tenant will be a company in which I am affiliated so I dont feel the need for a manager.

Your thoughts on what you would do are most wanted!!

thanks
    hartfam

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I assume the property is not a residential property otherwise the fact that you are affiliated with the tenant (I assume you are a Director or similar of the Company concerned) may breach the SISA. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of HartfamHartfam
    @hartfam

Hi Richard,
    I believe you cannot have family members in the property and I am not employed by this company either.  I do hold some shares in the company who will rent it though, do you know if that is an issue?

Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I think you will have Related Party issues there but would check with your Accountant first.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of WilmacaccWilmacacc
    @wilmacacc

As long as the rent is paid on an arms length basis there shouldn't be any problems.

Make sure you consider the liquidity of the fund if it is 100% invested in property.

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.