All Topics / Heads Up! / Domain and Commonwealth Bank launch new property search tool

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of danielkanoondanielkanoon
    @danielkanoon

A couple of months ago i posted a message up about Google adding a real estate function to there already popular Google maps. I then had a big discussion of how powerfull this may be and how it could potentially kill realestate.com.au and domain.com.au.

However, a couple of days ago Domain announced that they have teamed up with the Commonwealth Bank to launch a new online property search tool.

Right now most property searches are based around criteria such as the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, location and price, however the new search, also lets users identify key points of interest in their criteria, such as transport, schools or sporting facilities.
    In summary it looks pretty cool and may even compete with Google who i predict will be dominating the real estate search market within the next few years.

Which of the three most popular real estate selling sites do you think is the best so far. Google, Real Estate or Domain???

You can check the video out which shows the new featerues here youtube.
    http://propertybuzz.com.au/?p=688

Profile photo of j900j900
    Participant
    @j900

Need to boycott Google so that they won't get too big.  But then again the law of diminishing return stipulates that once they gotten too big, sooner or later they're bound to create something stupid like Microsoft Vista – a pointless innovation driven by ego (citing a recent article in Newsweek re knives)

Need to support SMH so that as the only tabloid company they remain to be our great tradition (being nostalgic here). Good that Ron Walker has been ousted! The existing SMH board has too many idiots on it (citing common sentiment in the investment landscape).

Google is the ipod of the net – it does everything you want and often better than you could ever imagine.

I refuse to own an ipod and haven't had one ever. Have an iphone tho but I never use the ipod function… don't know how to use it and don't particularly care…

Just some monday rants…

Profile photo of danielkanoondanielkanoon
    @danielkanoon

haha i love your google analogy.

“But then again the law of diminishing return stipulates that once they gotten too big, sooner or later they’re bound to create something stupid like Microsoft Vista – a pointless innovation driven by ego “

that got a big lol from me…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.